Chicken Penne Pasta Arribiata
1. 1 tbsp oil
2. 2 chicken Breasts
3. 400g passata sauce
4. 1 tbsp tomato purée
5. 400g mushrooms
6. 1 large onion
7. 2 cloves garlic
8. cheese to top (optional)
9. A handful of chopped basil (optional)
1. Boil pasta according to cooking instructions, adding a pinch of salt a tablespoon of oil to prevent the pasta sticking to the bottom of the pot.
2. Cut the chicken into strips
3. Put the oil in the pan and cook the chicken on a high heat for about 10 minutes on both sides, until golden.
4. Chop the onion,garlic and mushrooms and toss in the pan once the chicken is cooked. Add the tomato purée and passata sauce, along with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for a further 10 minutes, until the sauce has reduced by a half.
5. Pour the sauce over the cooked pasta. Add a sprinkling of cheese and basil to serve. Enjoy!
Add spice accordingly to preferred taste